Saturday, July 30, 2011

Am I a bitch?

I really do want to know.

I have been asked by my friend to accompany her and her boyfriend to the wedding of a coworker who is getting married tonight. Here's the rub, I wasn't actually invited. Yes, the bride put up a sign up sheet in the staff room for people that wanted to attend, but my friend also received an invitation; I did not. I thought that I would be on a road trip with my cousin right now and so I didn't sign up. I also have issues with signing up for a wedding. It's like I'm begging to come to the social event of the year and the Bride will look at my application and see if I'm worthy. If you want me to come to your wedding, print off an invitation and give it to me so that I feel like I'm wanted.

I am happy for the Bride and Groom, but I am in such a funk these days, I don't think I'll be much fun. I don't actually enjoy weddings as a rule. I can't remember the last wedding that I went to where I thought, "Boy, that was a fun wedding!" I've had an okay time at a couple of weddings, but I haven't had a blast. It doesn't help that I'm a singleton and I usually go solo. My cousin is getting married at the end of August and I'm excited for that wedding but more because all of my extended family will be there and I have a blast with them. It is also going to be held at a nightclub, so dancing will be much better than at other wedding venues where you either have to be shitfaced or you just sway back and forth because the lights are so bright and you are self-conscious.

Well, I'll go for a few hours tonight and try to have a good time. I think that I've just answered my own question. Yes, I am a bitch. But, I'm not the only one out there- this I know for sure!

That's what I think about weddings. Harumph!

No comments: