Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A sad day.

I just found out that a man I went to school with died on Sunday while having some fun on a lake in Saskatchewan. In a small town, we were in the same grade from Kindergarten to grade 12. And his dad was my social studies teacher from grade 7 to 12 and his mother also taught at the school. We were not particularly close, but when someone who is the same age as you dies suddenly, it puts life into perspective.

I feel terrible for his parents and his sister and his friends. Life is very short and for some it is incredibly so.

So hug your loved ones today and remember what's important in life and it isn't what you have or don't have- it is your loved ones and the people that you chose to have in your life.

Sadness and Sympathy; that's what I think today.

No comments: