Monday, January 21, 2008

My Blog Introduction

Hi All!

This is my first actual blog post- well a post where I actually have something to say! I chose Blogger because my brother uses it and he told me that it was actually pretty user-friendly and the templates were pretty neat. It's a bit of a lame reason, but it is the truth.

This will be the first time that I have actually used a blog to share my own thoughts. I do tend to use blogs to find out information about questions I have- about all aspects of my life- and to see what other people think. I must admit that I find the idea of blogging a bit daunting, as I'm not sure there are a whole lot of people out there who would be interested in what I have to say. I was thinking that the whole idea of the blog has replaced the idea of a journal and I think this will be a great way for me to reflect on my thoughts and ideas and perhaps get some feedback on them. I will view this blog as my own professional journal and will try and get some of my internal feelings out into cyber space.

I have found a great site that I go to that has blogs for all sorts of areas relating to being a t-l. It is: http://www.shambles.net/pages/learning/infolit/libblogs/ it has a great selection of blogs for all levels of school. I stumbled upon this site when I was "google-ing" some information about the AL SC. Some of the blogs are quite funny and the ones that I have seen have great information.

So far, I feel pretty comfortable with the course and the tools that we are being asked to use. I was looking at some of the readings and I am a little bit nervous about some of the things that are coming up, but I have lots of resources and the best resource (I found just last week) are the students that are in my library and classroom every day. I have a couple of student resources picked out already and they have told me that they will help me if I have any trouble. It is very reassuring.

That's what I think for now, but I'm sure I'll have more thoughts later on!
Katie

2 comments:

ms. ippen said...

Hi Katie,

I just found the next page of blogs--all kinds of wonderful things on your blog. I am especially impressed with your blog links--so impressed that I've figured out how to link it to mine and called it Katie's great blog link---snappy title, eh?

thanks for sharing!
steph

Ronda said...

Hi Katie,

I checked out the librarian blogs on the link you posted. There some great things being discussed there! Thank you for posting that! The only problem I anticipate, is that my blogroll is going to be massive before very long! :)