Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Photosharing

In anticipation of the next blog entry, I have started looking at photo sharing sites. I did sign up for Ringo a long time ago and today I found that I still have an account, but the site was having problems, so I couldn't navigate my way around. I also went a looked af Flicker because some of my friends use it, but I'll have to create a Yahoo account to use it, so I'll wait and see what Ringo does tomorrow. If I still get the same run-around, I might just take the time and set up a Yahoo account.

Since I have started using Facebook, I have not really looked into any more photo sharing sites, because I can share photos on Facebook and only my friends can see them. I think that Facebook may save a step, because I believe that you have to send out messages and tell your friends that you have added new pictures or they have to have accounts on that site as well. With Facebook, the announcements happen automatically and you already have your friends on the site. You can also add an option where anyone can see your pics if you wish.

I think that I will try one of the sites for this class, but so far I can't really see why I wouldn't continue using Facebook.

That's what I think- for now...
Katie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well let me try to change your mind. I was a Facebook user until I started reading all these privacy issues articles. These readings convinced me to delete my Facebook account. Sure enough, I began to see that the privacy issues were true. Facebook started sending me Instant Messages on AOL Instant Messenger. I hadn’t had my screen name listed on Facebook in over 2 years. This tells me that they are DEFINITELY storing all of your information, EVEN if you delete it from Facebook….whew…ok, rant over. Anyways, I moved my photos over to a new site (pixamo) and my social networking type of stuff over to myspace. I can be virtually anonymous on Pixamo, which is great (they only ask for an e-mail address and user name and I feel comfortable on myspace, because I figure while they do have a lot of personal data on me, they’d be making a pretty stupid move to follow facebook-like privacy practices.

Val Martineau said...

Hi Katie:
I like the colours and graphics on your blog. Photosharing is something I have a keen interest in and am looking forward to exploring. I love taking pictures and sending them to friends and family but haven't done a lot of exploration on various sites. Thanks for all your ideas and comments to aid in my decision making.