Friday, January 15, 2010

My Coordinates

I used Option 1, The LoTi (The Levels of Teaching Innovation) Framework by Chris Moersch to find my personal coordinates. As I looked through the descriptors, I found that I fell in between Level 2 (Exploration) and Level 3 (Infusion). I tend to use technology more in my personal life and my other role as a librarian than I do in the classroom. I feel there are a couple of reasons for this: 1) availability of technology hardware 2)Classroom dynamics- some classes are not ready to explore new technologies or go beyond and drive their own learning.

My hope is that the school division will catch up with technology and it will be available for teachers if and when they would like to use it. I also hope to learn new and interesting ways of using technology in the classroom through classes (like this one) and other PD opportunities.

Katie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As do I Kate...oh, do we dare dream! I find that at my school if I don't stand up to offer what I know through inservice, nothing gets passed on. There are only a few teachers at my school interested in learning about the induction of technology into their classes and this frustrates me. I appreciate the stresses that come with technology but as a profession I feel it is our moral obligation to advance with our younger generation who are spending a considerable amount of time online. I guess this is where we come in to educate our colleagues...good luck on your end.