Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome EC&I 832

Welcome to my fellow classmates from EC & I 832!! This is my little blog that nobody, but me reads... it started out as a project for a course I was taking through the University of Alberta that dealt with Web 2.0 tools. We were required to blog about a new tool every week, so anyone that may have some time to kill and an interest can find those postings in the archive.

I am having a pretty good day so far- I had to break the news to my staff that VHS is obsolete. The shock and horror that resonated through my office was startling. My email has been pinging all day with questions and concerns. The theme of the emails dealt with questions about converting VHS to DVD- I wasn't sure if that was legal. After some research, I found out that if I couldn't replace the video with a DVD version then we could convert. Sigh... course materials and flow will be ok- we will not have to change anything. We are very strange creatures of habit and a lot of us fear change. I feel that I am on the outside looking in when it comes to teachers; I am a teacher, but I also have to work with them and that is sometimes a challenge! Some can be so resistant to change...

I am taking two classes that deal with technology, so I hope that I don't get confused between the two. Not sure if I will have to use this blog for that class, but there may be some confusing postings happening here.

I'm sorry to blather on, but one of my New Year's resolutions is to post more often on the blog. I find it a good way to express my feelings about my professional life- instead of boring my family and friends who are not in the education field and have no idea what I'm talking about.

That's what I think today. Until next time... Katie

No comments: